Boys enjoying books!

Boys enjoying books!
Reading with smiles

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Competency 7 - Image

I found this picture on East Lansing Public Library page on April 6, 2010. The link to this page is http://www.elpl.org/category/architecture/summer-reading/kids-summer-reading.
As a librarian, my goal is to offer children a chance to explore all facets of literature. I want them to learn to read simply for the love of it. With so much pressure students of today face, many times the library and reading are associated with assignments and work. The joy is lost; consequently, students are missing out on a whole world out there.

I chose this picture because of the joy I see on the young boys' faces as they are looking at a book. It exemplifies the very reason I wanted to become a librarian.

East Lansing Public Library. (2010). Image depicting a summer reading program for children. Retrieved from http://online.twu.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab_id=_2_1&url=%2Fwebapps%2Fblackboard%2Fexecute%2Flauncher%3Ftype%3DCourse%26id%3D_204485_1%26url%3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment