Boys enjoying books!

Boys enjoying books!
Reading with smiles

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Competency 4 - RSS FEED

I chose the RSS feed School Library Journal, Practically Paradise. I chose this feed because it contains information on elementary, middle school, and young adult news and issues. I am currently a librarian in an elementary school, but readers of all ages interest me. If I know where children are headed as they grow, maybe I can make a difference in the early years.
The very first article dated February 12th caught my attention. It is titled Unlucky Arithmetic: Thirteen Ways to Raise a Non-reader. I see so many children who are reluctant to read, and I am determined to find ways to change their attitude. Any information I find on that particular topic is priority to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment